Saturday, February 21, 2009

Communication With Very Far Countries

Very nice saturday this time. I had surprises this morning and this is makes me happy. I know in next several minutes to go, one big event contest, ARRL International DX Contest, will be held. This event usually involving a lot participation from many countries. So I try my luck to scan 7Mc in this grey line slot. In this slot, when we Indonesian start a new day morning, our counterparts countries are going to evening. From here, South America is the most tough region to contact outside of grey line slot.

First, big pile up activity heard from Desecheo island dxpedition K5D. I can't hear the island, but the pile up on 7,025 is very very hugh. Scanning down, hear some weak station. I'm not too confident try to call theme. Continue scanning, suddenly I heard one big signal fro PT7CG (Brazil). His signal is real 599. A very far country but I can hear so strong. Very easy to establish communication with him. Just one call and he copy my callsign. He gave me 559. I'm so happy since I was only using 100w and inverted V antenna with only 9m high AGL on top side. It's a non representative antenna to make a DX communication. But this morning this antenna (and propagation ofcourse) give me fun. Brazil is thousands kilometers away from Gresik, my city. The long path is almost same with short path.

Continuing my scan down and hear HA1AG Zoli (Hungary). His signal also very very strong. I gave him 599, a real 599 report. Even no QSB in between. Inside our conversation, HA1AG told me he use 1KW power. I'm sure he will use to join the ARRL contest.

Good luck you guys. Happy contesting. And thanks for log me in.

No comments: